Friday, November 28, 2014

Weekend in Black & White - 11/28/14: "The Door"

asks us to post a black and white photo. No spot colors. No sepia. Black and white, only.

"The Door"
One of the doors at the main entrance
of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh,
Oakland branch.
The building was completed in 1898.
If anyone is interested, Topaz software is on sale. Usually $429 for the entire package of 14 plugins, plus Impression, now $249 until Dec 1st, discount code blackfriday2014.  They are not stand-alone programs, but must be used with other programs like Photoshop, Lightroom, or other software (listed on the web site.) I was thinking of purchasing 3 programs, which would have cost $210, so I figured it was worth it to get 15 for $40 more.  I've played around a little with the plugins that make a photo look like art, but haven't had time to explore them all.

See my photostream on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cj_proartz
Below my name, click on albums to find a particular type of photo (Black and White, Fences, Abstracts, Landscape, Still Life, Autumn Scenes, Bridges, Animals, Art Created from My Photos, etc.)

10 comments:

HansHB said...

Beautiful door and perfect to use b&w!
My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

Dragonstar said...

What a beautifully decorative door. Fine photo.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely and creative bw shot ~ exquisite door and lighting!

Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol
http:www.acreativeharbor.com

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Such a splendid door that you captured.

Ritva said...

what gorgeous door, you have captured it beautifully!

RobertN said...

Beautiful contribution!

Prairie Jill said...

What a stunning door!

NatureFootstep said...

Sometimes I wonder if I have been blind as I very often wants to tuch things like this without looking :)

Pat said...

Beautiful. Such wonderful craftsmanship went into building these Careegie libraries.

lorik said...

Great composition and lovely detail.