Sunday, May 31, 2009

DAPPLED SPRING SHADOWS

"DAPPLED SPRING SHADOWS"
(click image for larger view)

This image is in response to

Click on the link to post your own image

or see what others have posted.


On a gorgeous, sunny, breezy spring day, I was doing laundry in the basement and opened the basement door to this scene. In the wind, the tree branches were dancing and making dappled patterns on the concrete next to the stair well that goes to the basement door. The hostas were in their bright green and white dresses ----and all was right with the world.

(Since the spell checker didn't seem to like "hostas" I checked the dictionary just to make sure I was spelling it correctly. The dictionary told me that "hosta" is an eastern Asian plant cultivated in the West for its shade-tolerant foliage and loose clusters of tubular mauve or white flowers. Also called "plantain lily.")


(©2009, C.J. Peiffer)

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great shadows! Love your hostas. I have them all around my yard! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Julie said...

Very pretty and peaceful looking.

Martha said...

Beautiful shadow shot! Thanks for stopping by :-)

dianasfaria.com said...

I love your dappled from sun shadows. I love Hostas too.

Sylvia K said...

Whatever it's called it's a beautiful plant! And creates a gorgeous spring shadow! Ah, so wonderful to have sun again!!!

Dianne said...

like a breeze of shadows :)

Anonymous said...

I like how it looks like a design!

Paz

Jenners said...

Love this! I love dappled spring shadows -- what a great phrase! When I drive under a bunch of trees that create this effect, I feel like I'm swimming underwater!

Anonymous said...

Love your shadow shot!

I love the name plaintain lily! ;-)

Paz