Friday, April 3, 2009

TROUBLED SKY - Sky Watch Friday

"TROUBLED SKY"
(photo & text, ©2009, C.J. Peiffer)
This image is in response to
Click on the link and post your own photo
or see what others have posted. 

        One afternoon on my way to work, large black clouds were developing in the west, yet the sun would peek between the dark clouds occasionally. I love the contrast of black stormy clouds and sunshine, continually amazed at how destructive weather can be, and yet be so beautiful. I wanted to stop to take photos, but I was running late for work, so I pulled my digital camera from my bag and held the camera at arm's length in my right hand, and aimlessly shot photos through the passenger window. As you see, I wasn't holding the camera horizontally, so the trees are at an angle, but I thought that made for a dramatic off-kilter image that went well with the "Troubled Sky."

I post photos on two different blogs. Please see my other Sky Watch photos:

3 comments:

Niina said...

Interesting photo! =) Thank you for sharing and happy weekend!

Carol said...

It DOES look like a troubled sky... a most unusual shot

Arija said...

A bright, dynamic sky. Well done.