Monday, December 15, 2008

I "ONE" !!!




Every day, The One-Minute Writer posts a writing prompt. 
My response was chosen as the "writing of the day" for 12/14/08.

Writing Prompt:
Nuts
In what way are you a little (or more than a little) crazy?


One-Minute Writing of the Day:

I'm such a packrat. I'm afraid I'm going to turn into one of those people that they find dead, with newspapers piled to the ceiling and only narrow pathways to get through the house. In my case, I only rarely pick up a newspaper, so it will be books, clothes, art supplies, and file folders filled with all manner of useless stuff.

A few days ago I set out to clean a very small dressing room. I started on costume jewelry. Considering I rarely wear any of it anymore, I thought I could rid myself of most of it. But all I threw away were the single earrings with no partners. I saved everything else for relatives, eBay or flea markets, so it's not really gone. Yeah, I'll be on the news when they have to take a bulldozer to my house to remove my body.
(©2008, C.J. Peiffer)



2 comments:

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Well done! A well deserved win. (Are you sure you are not my wife, writing under an alias?)

CJ said...

J Cosmo:

Your 'lamb' of a wife probably leaves tufts of wool all over, right?

To understnad this comment, see J Cosmo's post:
http://jcosmonewbery2.blogspot.com/2008/12/lxiii-do-over-button.html